Monday, November 23, 2009

When Harry Met Sally

So as you can tell I have been on a "classics" bent lately, but that is simply because I am educating my lovely friend on the awesomeness of movies and all the ones she has been missing out on.
I love this movie, it is hilarious, hits all the right notes, has the realism that you don't usually see in romantic comedies, and while we still get our happy ending, we are still unsure it'll happen- and it actually takes a good deal of time compared to any other movie coming out today.

Everything from the hair to the clothes allows this movie to flow through the decades almost seamlessly, so funny. The adorable Meg Ryan with her insane hair dos (and don'ts lol) and those awful clothes is insanely perfect in this movie, the restaurant scene is such a classic, I mean who can belt it like that over and over and OVER again for every camera angle, "I'll have what she's having" one of my favorite lines in any movie ever. Fun Fact- the woman who says that is the director's own mother.

Now we can get to Billy Crystal, as my friend dubiously stated "he's not that cute" and all I could say was trust me, the lack of looks is MORE than made up for in humor, he is so frickin hilarious, so funny. "I took her to a place that wasn't even human, she meowed" "You made a woman meow?" So great. Anyways this is another movie I highly recommend, go watch it!

This was my nice paper putting off for the night! Opps- why am I such a procrastinator?!

10/10 GO WATCH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment