Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Sound of Music

So yesterday, to my horror, I discovered that a good friend of mine had never seen the movie The Sound of Music, which was a complete and utter tragedy that I knew must be dealt with, lol. So my roommate and I and the SoM virgin, all watched it last night. I love this movie eternally, so this will probably just be a boring rave review, but one I will enjoy writing none the less :-)

From the very beginning, "the hills are alive with the sound of music". Every song, every scene, is beautifully done in this movie. You can't help but sing along, and smile. Every time you watch the movie you still worry when Maria leaves and the Baroness and Captain Von Trapp get engaged, feel the utter relief when Captain Von Trapp meets Maria out in the Gazebo :-D O so wonderful. You also can't help but worry when the Nazi's are after the captain, and laugh with one of the best lines of the movie "Reverend Mother, I have sinned." I laugh every time. Such an excellent movie- everyone in it has a wonderful voice and spirit, they seem like a real family and it is quite wonderful.

Now for a slight deviation is a discussion of Captain Von Trapp- he is simply gorgeous, you can't even really pin down why, even when he is being a big jerk with the whistle, it's like wow :-D He has that same Mr. Darcy attraction, you just can't help but love him through all his mood swings and wish you were Maria- having him look at you that way, sigh. Just one of my many fictional character crushes, so I will shut up now.

If you have not yet seen this movie, GO WATCH IT!!!!

10/10, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment